What does the income statement of the “average” McDonald’s look like? Janney Montgomery Scott restaurant analyst Mark Kalinowski says he’s often asked that. As a result, he has compiled an interesting table detailing his best estimate of the typical income statement for that “average” franchised, standard-format, U.S. McDonald’s restaurant. Among his estimates:
● Average annual sales = $2.7 million
● Average store-level operating income = 5.7%
● Average operating cash flow = $275,400
● Annual customer transactions = 575,000
● Number of customers served per day = 1,584 (vs. 1,052 daily in 2003-4)
● Average meal check = $4.75 (vs. $4.45 in 2003-04)
To read the full table of estimates, click the image at right or click here.